Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Symphony 1 "The Journey" in OMG major by C. Marie Main


I am gay. I am traveling. I am keeping a "Log." But, this is not a "gay travelogue."

I am young. I am exploring. I will Eat, I will Pray, and I will...well, probably not love (unless you count falling in love with food, sights, music, wine, etc). But this Journey was not inspired by book nor movie. Unless, of course, you count my Ten Year Old Self's obsession with The Sound Of Music or the History of Classical Music....but more about that later on.

This journey has been a labor of love, and absolute resolution of "I WILL" and frankly, way too long in coming. To be honest, though, I am glad I am doing this trip now. Not only am I in a more stable place financially, emotionally and...well...I am not quite the Fu*k up I was in my early 20's, I know more about The World in general. I have studied delicate political and economic climates. I have made International friends. I have devoured foreign foods, wines, music, and literature. That said, I know only what any American knows that has never been abroad.

Europe is Different. Europe is Huge. Europe is Old. Europe is Beautiful.

Europe is Music, Art, Dance, History, Ruins and many things I have read about, dreamed of, and longed to Experience first hand. So here we are....here we go. In the month leading up to my trip, I will jot down the Hows, Whys and Whats that went into this trip.

In around one month, I will be sitting in a cafe in Munich, reflecting on my First European Opera, Puccini's Tosca. I have seen it before...but never in Munich with German Subtitles. The Music and story will be VERY familiar. The Italian will be somewhat familiar. The German? Let's just say my German is No Gut. I will be preparing for a day of sight seeing before hastily changing into an LBD (Little Black Dress) and jetting back to the Staatsoper for a take on Swan Lake. After letting the wistful strains of Tchaikovsky carry me away for a mere two hours, I will be in a furried frenzy to dash to the Bahnhof and catch the overnight train to Vienna.

Until then, I can only Fret, Plan, Dream, Plan, Worry, Plan...fantasize, plan *sigh*...and plan some more, with a dash of dreaming and a sprinkle of worry. I wonder what the Old World will hold for me...

So..presented from here on out is the "How" I got to "Here." (Here being this state of anxiety as I watch the calendar days fly by until I will be, well, flying...) I am a ball of nervous excitement, about to "jet set" for the first time...and I think I am absolutely Crazy.

1 comment:

  1. C'est bon! I commend you taking this voyage of both personal and global discovery. It won't always be easy to keep up with all the entries during your journey but I look forward to following your adventure from afar (be sure to include photos and or maps)

    ReplyDelete