Blog Archive

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eternal Beloved...

When we left off, I was nurturing my broken heart with thoughts of Mediterranean sunsets, alpine hikes and delicious bottles of french wine....

September & October SUCKED. I, resorting to old habits, started seeing Anna again. I was still just working at the restaurant while yearning to hear from TSG. I just knew in my gut that she was seeing someone else. The Monday after DPFH, I was giving a key note speech in Wichita & I received a text....clearly meant for someone else. That was quite the morale booster. Three weeks or so passed. I was attempting to halfheartedly see other people, including someone I will refer to as MB and another I will refer to as KCH.

Fettuccine Noodles....
One night after work, I was having a drink with MB, and I got a text. Though I deleted TSG from my phone (to prevent moment of weakness, drunk, angst filled, pathetic calls or texts...don't judge, we've all been there) I semi-recognized the number. After a few more texts, I knew for sure that it was her.

We started texting/talking again. I had another dinner party (Same cast of characters, Plus MB and KCH)...and followed up the night of wine drinking and head wounds with some very hurtful, brutally honest texts to her. Regardless, we still talked some more. I asked questions, she gave some answers...and the talking (with little else) continued to mid October. However, there were a few kisses stolen, prolonged hugs, and flirty texts.

On around October 14, my old college friend, Phil, asked if I wanted to work as the Director of Sales and Marketing at a hotel in Fayetteville, AR.
I said..."Can I still go to Europe"...
He said "yup"

By October 18th, I was in Cape Girardeau training and by October 26th, I was moved to Arkansas.

The Wednesday before I left for training, I was having a friend come over for dinner and TSG swung by to help me light a fire in the firepit...She was there when I got the call and job offer. We hugged forever, and it was so hard not to kiss her...That night, after my company left, I ended up going over to her house for a few minutes to just lay next to her.

Cheering on the Staley Falcons
The Saturday before I left for training, we ran into each other at Missie B's and a great time dancing and just enjoying being together...we talked until 5 AM...with me finally getting answers I needed to hear after a mutual bearing of souls and a few earth shattering kisses. It was then that I told her that the reason I reacted so strongly and out of so much hurt was because I loved her...and still did. I can still remember the pounding of my heart, the fighting back of tears as I laid it on the line and we realized that....I was moving. She came and spent Sunday night with me, and though we only kissed, it was one of the most intimate nights of my life...It felt so good to curl up and sleep with her again...to have her hold me...

We talked all week while I was in Cape G.  My last weekend in KC, she was in-ironically-Fayetteville at a football game. After packing up the Toyota, I stopped by to see her on my way out of town. I was also supposed to stop and say goodbye to KCH, but I couldn't...


The next few weekends, I had to come up and pack up the rest of my apartment, sell stuff, etc...and see TSG.
My first weekend up, I was supposed to swing by and see TSG while she was at dinner with friends and then go up to Anna's. However, Anna was being bitchy...so I just stayed with TSG and had an amazing weekend...we laid in bed and watched movies and just grew Closer.

On November 2nd, we met in Joplin for a night of Glee, cuddles and wine. She said she was "ready to do this"...commitment...be my girlfriend...make it official. I was overjoyed...I mean, I had only waited for 3 months to hear those words.

On November 11th, I was in St. Louis for a sales blitz, and, ironically, she and her roommate were going to a concert there. I went to the concert with them. As I was walking to the bathroom, she said, "I will be right here. I Love You."... Again, overjoyed.

We have been amazing, strong and In Love ever since. I have known her for almost 9 months, and though the start was pretty rocky, I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

She is my biggest cheerleader and the force that can mellow me out when I am super heated. I have a lot to thank her for. Had she not "pulled away" and, at the time "crushed my little heart"...I would not have hit "purchase tickets" on the Orbitz screen. I would not have felt that immediate need to dash off to the other side of the world in attempt to reclaim Dignity and Identity.

It's funny. I bought the ticket to go on this trip so I could "find myself" and decide what I wanted to do with my life in regards to my career and Love. A month or so after buying the tickets-I had it all figured out.

Cafe Trio with the Love of My Life
So Now?

This trip is officially a lighthearted romp and I have my Dream job...and Dream girl...waiting for me when I return from my Dream Trip.

We will celebrate our official 6 months the day before I leave...and the 9 month mark from that perfect first kiss.

TSG, I love you so much. I will miss you when I am gone. Thank you for being encouraging and supportive of me and this trip. I promise to bring you lots of pretty things...and to return in one piece. Hopefully, with most of my belongings.

Thank you for showing me that I was deserving of true Love. I can't wait to take my next trip with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment