Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Prost!

June 6th, 12:00 PM Munich Time


Zum Durnbrau Bier
Some Unfortunate Fleisch mit Kraut
Prost!! Sitting at Zum Dürnbräu drinking a beer after eating a whole pig. Literally. I just wandered aimlessly for hours trying to find a computer to use. Some nice Swede let me borrow his computer, but the trade-off was...I found him in a Starbucks while trying to snag wireless for my Kindle. I also got my first (very valuable) lesson on using a German Keyboard. Veeerrrry tricky. After, I did some shopping for my TSG Love & my parents.


The Poster for the Ballet I went to
Tosca last night was amazing. So far, the language barrier is not too much of an issue. I found some super cute squirrels. Bought one. Going back for more. I need to buy a magnet for Mom & Dad...something for my step daddy. I also need to find a few more little things for Jess. I miss her like crazy. I wish she was here & I know we will travel here together. She is amazing.

This afternoon, I am planning on exploring more. I might head over to a mini "Summer Kick Off" beer fest going on before getting changed and heading to the opera house to see a ballet semi based off of Swan Lake, based on Mad King Ludwig. It is a world Premier. Called "Illusions Like swan Lake" or something along those lines. I am psyched! I even have my dress and shoes in my bag.  After the ballet, I have to book it by U-Bahn  to the hostel, get my goods, get changed and head to the Train Station to head to VIENNA! Overnight train, here I come. I am very excited to see Jayna. For now? More Shopping, beer and food!!(

(A few hours later.....)


Wurst Mit Kraut
Went by the Lesbian Bar...it wasn't opening til later so I went to a wine bar in the mean time. I made some new friends and then headed over to the Lesbian bar where I currently sit, talking to the owner drinking a Franz Weissbier. It is delicious. I never thought I could enjoy beer this much! It is so much better than that shit in the states. I am excited about my new friends. One is from India but has lived in Germany for two years. the other is German/Egyptian, but went to an American School in England. the Girl is going to be in Rome when I am & the boy is going to KC in two months. He stayed in the same Hostel in rome that I am staying in...Small world!  Anyway, Loving BEI Carla...with Carla, the owner. Welp! Time to change in the bar bathroom, grab a Sausage and head to the ballet! See you all in Vienna!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment